Brownlow College provides an unbroken education from 11 to 16+ years of age for pupils of all abilities. We offer the full NI Curriculum as required under the Education Reform (NI) order. All Year 10 pupils sit the Key Stage 3 Examinations in English, Mathematics and Science. All junior school pupils (Year 8, Year 9 and Year 10) have a 39 period week covering the areas of study outlined below.
Junior School Curriculum and Examinations
- English (English and Library)
- Science & Technology (General Science, Technology, Home Economics)
- Environment & Society (Geography and History)
- Languages (French)
- Creative & Expressive (Art & Design, Music, Physical Education, Drama)
- Other (ICT, Religious Education, Personal Development, Citizenship, Careers
The Cross Curricular Themes are incorporated into the Areas of Study. As an all-ability school, we provide fast-track classes for more able students facilitated by excellent Teacher-pupil ratios. Classroom assistants provide invaluable additional support in the core and practical subjects.
Senior School Curriculum and Examinations
It is the policy of the College that Examination Courses are on offer to all pupils. These include:
• GCSE (General Certificate of Secondary Education)
• OCR (Oxford, Cambridge and RSA) Examinations
As an all-ability school, we offer a range of packages to suit the ability levels of the pupils. We provide a range of GCSEs that stretch the most able students as well as providing links with the Southern Regional College (SRC).
It is the aim of the College that all pupils leave the school well-prepared for Further Education or employment, with qualifications which reflect their knowledge, attributes and skills. All pupils study various combinations of subjects from a wide range of GCSE courses.